Instead of spending a lot of time cooking in the summer, most people are trying to relax and have fun. Since everyone still has to eat it’s important to have simple healthy snacks around. It helps to make some quick and easy recipes in the summer so that you don’t fall back into the habit of unhealthy convenience foods. There are a few snack recipes that we make over and over this time of year because they are easy, fast, and tasty.
Here are some easy and tasty snack recipes to make for the kids this summer…
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1/4 of a Red Onion, chopped small
- 1 small Ripe Tomato, chopped small
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. Coriander
- Cut the avocado in half, scoop out of the skin and mash.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and mix.
- Serve with organic corn chips, or carrot and celery sticks.
Carrot Cashew Spread
- 4 cups chopped carrots (approx. 7 carrots)
- 5 cups water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup cashews
- In a large saucepan, combine carrots and water and bring to boil.
- Add the salt. Reduce heat and simmer to cook for 20 minutes or until very soft.
- Drain and reserve the cooking water. Let the carrots cook. In a blender or food processor, blend together the cooled carrots and cashews.
- Check the consistency and add up to ½ cup of the cooking water if lighter consistency desired.
- Serve with crackers, muffins, corn bread, or carrot and celery sticks..
- 1/2 cup organic pop corn kernels
- 3 tbsp. grass fed organic butter
- 1 tbsp. Redmond Seasoned Sea Salt
- Pop the popcorn – we use an air popper – or you can use a large pot with some coconut oil.Melt the butter and coat the popcorn with it in a large bowl. Spring sea salt or seasoned sea salt on the popcorn and mix with a spoon until coated.
- Variations: Use any of your favorite spice mixtures. Chinese five spice powder or herbs de Provence are both delicious!
More Easy Snack Recipes…
What are your children’s favorite summer snacks?