Making a homemade cleaning spray is easy and you probably already have what you need to make it at home. Creating a cleaning vinegar is the same process as making an herbal tincture. Many of the store bought cleaners contain unhealthy ingredients (even ones that look natural) so making your own is a good alternative.
You will need:
- Mason jar with a plastic lid
- Glass or plastic spray bottle with a label
- White vinegar
- Plant matter of your choice, possibilities include:
- Pine needles
- Lemon peels
- Orange peels
- Grapefruit peels
- Lavender flowers
- Eucalyptus leaves
- Peppermint leaves
- Cinnamon sticks
How to Make Cleaning Spray Step by Step
- Pack a mason jar with your plant matter.
- Pour vinegar over the plant matter until you have filled the jar and close the lid.
- Let the jar sit for 3-8 weeks.
- After the time is up, strain out the vinegar and pour into a spray bottle. You can use this herb press to get out every last drop (but it's not necessary). Be sure to label your bottle.
- Optional: add a drop of liquid castile soap for extra cleaning strength.
Have you ever made your own cleaning spray? What is your favorite scent?