This recipe for brown rice krispy treats is a healthier version of this well-know treat. Instead of the high fructose corn syrup in marshmallows it uses a healthy sweetener like maple syrup.
Brown Rice Krispy Treats
- In a sauce pan on low heat mix together the maple syrup, oil, and the nut butter until blended and melted.
- Turn off the heat and pour in the rice krispies, mix until completely coated.
- Pour the mixture into a pie plate or a 9″ square pan. Press down evenly with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the chocolate chips over the top and lightly press them into the rice krispies.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to harden before serving.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe.
You might also like these posts...