This golden milk spice mix recipe makes it easy to make golden milk in 2 minutes or less. Have you tried golden milk? It's a delicious warming and anti-inflammatory drink packed with health benefits. Mix together the spices ahead of time and just add warm milk or hot water for instant comfort.
Benefits of Golden Milk
Turmeric is loaded with antioxidants. Curcumin is the active component in turmeric which contains strong antioxidant properties that helps protect from cell damage. Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to this qualities. In addition, Cinnamon and ginger contain powerful antioxidants.
Turmeric is a well known anti-inflammatory food. Chronic inflammation can lead to many diseases so drinking golden milk may help prevent some conditions. Some people find relief from joint pain from taking a turmeric supplement. Ginger and black pepper assist with the absorption of turmeric. Drinking a beverage containing all three of these amazing spices could offer some relief from inflammation.
How to Make Golden Milk
If you pre-make the golden milk spice mix, making this drink is as easy as making a cup of tea. Here is how I do it:
- Add 1-2 tsp of maple syrup to your mug.
- After that pour in about 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
- Add 1-2 tsp of golden milk spice mix.
- Fill your cup the rest of the way with hot water.
- Lastly, blend with a coffee frother like this one and you'll have a golden milk latte.
Golden Milk Spice Mix Recipe
- 1/2 cup Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger Powder
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 3/4 cup Coconut milk powder (optional)
- Measure out each powder and add to a small bowl
- Whisk together until fully incorporated
- Store in an airtight container
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe.
You might also like these posts...