There are natural remedies for the flu that will help you feel better. The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by the influenza virus. The symptoms are similar to a cold but also include fever, chills, headache, vomiting, and body aches. Fortunately, there are natural remedies will help your body fight the illness and support healing. A combination of natural therapies such as homeopathy, herbs, supplements, and foods is a well rounded approach.
If you or your child is sick with the flu, here is a list of remedies you can use to get your body through the illness.
- Oscillococcinum – for general flu-like symptoms
- Belladonna – fever support
- Homeopathic Zinc – zinc helps your immune system fight bacteria and viruses.
- Elderberry – a tbsp of elderberry syrup 1-3 times per day while sick
- Echinacea – a dropperful of echinacea tincture
- Thyme – thyme tea helps with cough
- Vitamin C – whole food vitamin C supplements are the best option
- Vitamin D – healthy levels of vitamin D help keep the immune system strong
- Eucalyptus – diffuse
- Peppermint – diffuse
- Thieves – diffuse
- Homemade Chicken soup – add healing herbs to the broth like thyme, or an adaptogen like astragalus
- Honey – helps sooth sore throats
- Lemon – high in vitamin c
- Sore throat lemonade
Use a Combination of Natural Remedies for the Flu
A combination of remedies used consistently throughout the duration of the illness will help. Most importantly, rest and hydrate!
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe.
You might also like these posts...