This vegan ice cream recipe is easy to make at home with ingredients you may already have at home. You will need coconut milk (I buy this by the case to have it ready for recipes like this one), cashews, almond or cashew milk, and maple syrup for a basic ice cream. Add vanilla, mint extract, chocolate chips or other add-ins to make your desired flavor. A favorite if ours is mint chocolate chip ice cream. I created this recipe and have been making it for many years. Gather these ingredients:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract or 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips – I like these Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips Gluten, Dairy, nut & Soy Free
Kitchen Gadgets Needed
A vitamix or other high powered blender is important to get this nice and smooth. If you don't have a blender, you could try an immersion blender or food processor but I have not tested either of those with this recipe.
Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender , except chocolate chips, blend until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 min.
- Put in ice cream maker for 20 min.
- Slowly pour in the chocolate chips as the machine is churning. Serve and enjoy!
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe.
You might also like these posts...